Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Escapist Expo. Your support helps make the show possible!
To demonstrate your genuine commitment to attending, first-time volunteer staff are required to purchase a ticket. You will not be able to register as a volunteer unless you are logged in and registered for the event. Although we are excited to engage as many volunteers as we can, it is very possible we will have more willing volunteers than we can use. If you are chosen to be a volunteer you can transfer your paid registration to a friend, or we will gladly refund your entry fee.
Volunteers are required to work a 3-4 hour shift for each day that they plan to attend the Expo.
If possible, please register for the site using your The Escapist credentials so that your application can be linked to your The Escapist profile.
To apply as a volunteer you will be asked to provide:
- Full name
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Date of birth, in order to determine your age is 18 or older by the first day of the Expo
- Dates you plan to attend
- Emergency contact information
- Special medical needs
In order to better tailor your volunteer tasks to your skill set, you will also be asked to to answer a series of questions about your preferences and expectations of your role as volunteer.
- Please dress appropriately. Although we do not have a formal dress code for volunteers, please do not wear anything that is blatantly offensive or inappropriate. Use your best judgment in this matter.
- No drinking or using controlled substances while on duty. If you report for your duties under the influence, you will be removed from the volunteer staff immediately.
- Try to be helpful and polite. You're here to assist people as much as to have a good time, so please keep that in mind.
- If you can, show up a little early for your shifts, it's considerate of the people who are working before you and it will give you time to be briefed before beginning your work.
- Take care of yourself. Don't forget to eat, drink and sleep occasionally!
- Remember to join our Hard Corps. Facebook page to get updates and connect with other volunteers!